- Aitchison Turf Drills are true direct drills. The single disc and boot opener
creates a narrow slit and places the seed at a precise pre-determined depth
via depth rings fitted to the discs.
- Unique features allow for 'drill today ' play tomorrow'
options for playing fields. The seeds are lodged in the slot and rolled shut
with the heavy cast press wheels. No other drill can make this claim.
- Fitted with heavy duty tyres for easy road transport.
- Large double seedbox with the unique Aitchison sponge seed feed mechanism
to sow all seed. Very accurate, infinitely variable 'gearbox'
allows for sowing rates as low as 1kg/ha and up to 350kg/ha (0.9lb/acre and
up to 311lb/acre) with single lever operation. Coefficent of variation of
- Fertiliser box option. Unique roller fertiliser system handles all fertilisers
including damp product. In addition it is able to sow seeds such as rye grasses
down to 8kg/ha (7.1 lbs/acre). The fertiliser distribution system uses exactly
the same gearbox system as the Seedbox so it is infinitely variable.
- Row widths at only 72mm (2.8'), close set for dense sward regeneration.
No problem to cross drill.
- Angled discs move the turf in a wave like action, slicing and breaking
the roots of existing plant material. This stimulates new and invigorated
root growth and a thicker sward.
- Minimum soil disturbance and maximum moisture retention.
- Hectare/acre meter is standard.
|TD16 (Turf Drills Series)
|TD24 (Turf Drills Series)